The coziest Bad Santa White Russian…for all the festive nights ahead. Homemade cinnamon vanilla simple syrup, mixed with vodka and Kahlúa, plus my seasonal twist… A shot of espresso and a sweet chocolate ribbon – adding just the right amount espresso kick and holiday sweetness. The perfect holiday twist on the classic White Russian cocktail, such a delicious December treat!
If Christmas had a cocktail it would be this White Russian. It’s got a touch of sweetness, just the right amount of creaminess, and, of course, a good kick to it too.
This one didn’t come to me on my own however. It’s actually a drink made with Red’s girlfriend, Hailey, in mind. She sent me a photo of a drink she’d order in Mexico a few months ago.
It looked and sounded like a White Russian, but with twist. I said I’d save it for December and here we are! I wasn’t able to recreate the exact drink, so instead, I made something I knew that Hail’s would love.
The steps are easy…and simple!
To make the sweet cinnamon syrup just mix together your classic White Russian ingredients. Then add an extra shot of espresso and some cream.
A little chocolate around the rim gives this drink that specialness that’s most fitting for the holiday season. I have family members who are very excited to try this in just about ten days! A good White Russian is one of their favorites to enjoy each year!
Lucky for Hail’s, she currently here. So I made mixed her up one last night and she’d gave it her full seal of approval. with the line, I think it’s my new favorite…which is really saying something because she loved the chai martini too.
Looking for other Christmas drinks? Here are my favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Bad Santa White Russian, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Bad Santa White Russian
Servings: 1 drink
Calories Per Serving: 164 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Kahlua
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) cinnamon syrup Instructions below
- 1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) half and half or cream
- chocolate sauce and coarse vanilla sugar, for the rim
- 1. To make the cinnamon syrup. In a medium pot, combine 1/2 cup water, the honey, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. This makes enough for 6 drinks. 2. If desired, rim your glass with chocolate sauce and sugar.3. To make the Russian. Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka, Kahlua, espresso, and vanilla syrup. Stir. Add the half and half and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon, if desired.
View Recipe Comments
Vanilla Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1/2 a vanilla bean, seeds scraped.