Monday meals are all about quick and easy.
Today is no exception.
I don’t know about you guys, but my weekend was PACKED. Between the huge storms that rolled through on Friday, knocking out my internet (like completely…my internet is no more), the mass amounts of recipes made on Saturday, and then Sunday spent hanging for just a little with mom, eating brunch and then typing, typing and typing – basically staring at my computer screen for hours upon hours, I am kind of ready for another weekend.
PS. sorry for that major run on sentence up there…grammar is clearly not my strongest skill. Ooops.
But I am trying to stay positive because I hear that positive people are happier and live longer. Gotta fake it till you make it, right? YES.
So, let’s restart…
Hey, hi, happy Monday!!
I am so excited for a new week, a new round of recipes and new chats with you guys!! How was everyone’s weekend. Did you guys all have a great Mother’s Day? Did you make brunch and eat chocolate? Play in the nice spring weather? Have a chill day with your mom? Like what did you guys do?
I am slightly bummed because the gift I order my mom, never showed up. UGH. It’s scheduled to be here today, so I guess she gets two Mother’s Days? I dunno, but instead of a gift I wrote her a sweet note, gave her plenty of sweets in the form of brunch and chocolate and then obviously hugs galore. It’s was a pretty chill Mother’s Day though since I am kind of cramming to get my book manuscript done…oh boy. OH BOY.
It doesn’t help that the storm on Friday literally FRIED my internet, so I am currently using my phone’s hotspot and racking up a huge Verizon bill. BUT in the theme of staying positive, I am HIGHLY thankful that I have a hotspot. I can’t even imagine what I would do without it, life would just be brutal. Just sayin.
OK. Let’s talk food now though.
This Asian Basil Beef and Mango Noodle Salad is the perfect Monday night meal. It’s not meatless, but it is fast, easy, light and delicious. Like so delicious.
Typically I’m not a huge fan of beef, especially ground beef, but when it’s made like this, I’m all for it. The flavors of the basil, the soy sauce and my favorite – sweet Thai chili sauce, just kind of make the beef shine. And when paired with rice noodles and fresh veggies, and um MANGOS… well, the perfect bowl.
Honestly, Monday has nothing on this meal. Nothing.
If you don’t have rice noodles on hand or just are not a fan, angel hair or another pasta, or even steamed white rice, would all be great substitutes. You could also swap pineapple for the mango, but I really LOVE the mango with these Asian flavors. It just works well with the beef and the basil. It’s a little spicy and a little sweet, which you guys know that I just love.
Besides this meal’s yumminess, the best thing about this dish has got to be its quick cooking time. Anything I can make in under thirty minutes is always a real winner in my book!
Alright, and I think that’s it that for today. Off to have a KILLER, crazy productive, fun and satisfying Monday!!
30 Minute Asian Basil Beef and Mango Noodle Salad.
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 626 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 carrots shredded
- red fresno pepper or jalapeno pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced or chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 of a green or purple cabbage shredded
- 1 pound lean ground beef may also use ground chicken or turkey
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 mango sliced or diced
View Recipe Comments
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Add the carrots, red peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, cabbage and 2 tablespoons soy sauce to a medium bowl. Toss well and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the beef. Season the beef with black pepper and brown all over, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Once the beef is browned, add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic, cook 30 second to 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce and 1 cup of fresh basil. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce coats the beef, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup fresh basil, lime juice and cilantro.
- To serve, divide the noodle among bowl and top with the beef. Add the carrot/pepper salad and the fresh mango. Garnish with basil, watercress and or sesame seeds. EAT!
But coffee first, then prolly a few cookies, and then this Asian Basil Beef and Mango Noodle Salad…balanced. ?