Whoa, that’s a mouth full.
A delicious mouth full.
Really, that title should actually read Roasted Garlic Chipotle Cheddar Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers with Avocado Ranch……
The cutest burger ever.
So let’s talk about how I am obsessed with the chipotle, cheddar, sweet potato, avocado flavors. I have been feeding them to my family at least once a week since I made these Healthy Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Skins. These flavors pretty much blow my mind. I love the sweet and spicy combo.
Pretty much though I just love anything in involving chipotle chiles and avocado.
Roasting garlic is my new favorite thing. It caramelizes the delicious cloves and makes them so sweet. It is pretty much just amazing. It also mellows out the intense flavor garlic leaves behind, which my dad was very happy about.
I pretty much get scolded every time I use garlic (especially raw), which is EVERYDAY (but I don’t always caught). Garlic breath, he hates it! All I have to say is I am keeping the cancer away. Far, far, far away! That normally shuts him up.
Oh, and the Avocado Ranch.
You HAVE to make the Avocado Ranch. It goes with this burger like butter goes with bread. It is a million times better than the bottled stuff you buy in the store with things like mayo (eww, I am totally grossed out by this condiment) and sugars and other bad things in it. It is totally easy to make and trust me once you make it once you will be making it over and over again.
Use on a salad, use to dip vegetables, use it to dip your buffalo chicken in and use it for the burger!
It is a MUST. No question.
The Cheddar? Yeah, that is just on there because we like cheese. ALOT. If you want to make this burger vegan you can opt out of the cheese and swap the egg for a flax egg (or other vegan egg substitutes).
So when you’re making the patties you are probably going to think the mixture is too wet, it’s not. Just do the best you can to shape them and make sure you get both sides really nice and crispy. Seriously, you want them crispy.
Oh and I almost forgot to tell you how good these burgers are atop a salad, covered in the Avocado Ranch. It is a very versatile burger!
Ok, so one last time. Roast some garlic, mash it with some sweet potatoes, quinoa, chipotle and then form them into patties. Get those patties all nice and crispy and then slather on the Avocado Ranch. And please, don’t skimp on the Avocado Ranch.
- Preheat oven to 375. Chop off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal cloves. Peel any excess paper/skin off from the bulb of garlic. Pour about a teaspoon of olive oil on top the garlic cloves and cover with foil and roast in a baking dish for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Pierce potatoes (I used 2 large) all over with a fork and place in the oven with the garlic. Roast about the same amount of time as the garlic or until the sweet potatoes are soft. When garlic and potatoes are done remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- To remove the garlic squeeze from the bottom of the garlic head to remove carmelized cloves. Mash and set aside. Peel the skin away from the sweet potatoes and mash in a medium size bowl. Add the garlic, cooked quinoa, egg, flour, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, cilantro, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and then fold in the cheddar cheese. Place bowl in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. This helps form them into patties, but making them will still be messy!
- While mixture is chilling make the avocado ranch. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally when needed. Taste and season additionally if desired. The avocado ranch can be stored in a seal-tight container for 1-2 days.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Remove mixture from fridge and form into 4 equal patties, then place in the skillet once hot. Cook for 5-6 minutes. The if needed add more oil and flip the burgers very gently (be gentle, they crumble easily when hot). Cook for another 5-6 minutes. Toast buns if desired.
- Place on a bun and top with a whole lot of avocado ranch!
[avocado ranch adapted from How Sweet Eats
Now that’s a whole lot of Burger.
Shared with: Time to Sparkle, Lil Luna, Chef In Training, Buns In my Oven, Foodie Friday Friends, Tidy Mom, Taste and Tell, Cheerios and Lattes, Somewhat Simple, Mom on Timeout, I Heart Nap Time, Fine Craft Guide, The Country Cook, Whipperberry, Chef In Training, Thursday’s Treasures, A Pinch Of Joy, Whats Cooking With Ruthie, Watch Out Martha