The simplest, most delicious warm chocolate banana galette. This is the extra special dessert your Friday needs. Buttery flaky puff pastry hinted lightly with cinnamon, covered in puddles of warm chocolate, caramelized bananas, and drizzled with sweet honey, for that extra special touch. All it takes is 10 minutes to prep, 6 simple ingredients, and zero stress. Absolutely nothing not to love!
If there was ever a lazy girls (or guys) dessert, it’s this galette. It consists of all of my favorite things and takes only minutes to throw together. It’s both a lifesaver and completely dangerous at the same.
It’s a lifesaver because there are those times when you just need warm chocolate, and you need it fast. Like 5 minutes ago fast. It’s dangerous because as long as you have the ingredients on hand (which you should), you can make this anytime the craving hits
The good news is, aside from the sugar in the chocolate, the only added sugar is the honey. And even then, there’s not that much. So, as far has chocolate desserts go, at least this one is on the lighter side.
All the more reason to make it…tonight, this weekend, or even right this very second.
In all honesty, I made this galette simply because it was snowing, I had brown bananas, and I kind of just wanted something chocolatey, warm, and not too sweet. Do you ever just want chocolate, but something simple and not loaded with a million things? For me, that’s actually most of the time. I’ll often grab a banana and enjoy it with a little dark chocolate on each bite (cocoa nibs are my go to). That’s a little trick my mom taught me as a kid (though we’d use semi-sweet chocolate chips), and it’s one of the best. It’s also probably why I love chocolate and bananas together so much.
Anyway, I was never planning on sharing this. But after posting a photo on IG stories this week, and after receiving so many direct messages asking for the recipe, I figured maybe I should just share.
Seems as though you guys like chocolate and bananas too!
Here is how this works, it’s very simple.
Grab some puff pastry, brush it lightly with butter and then dust the edges with just a touch of cinnamon. Now, find your favorite chocolate bar. It can be milk chocolate or dark chocolate, just make sure it’s of higher quality so that it melts nicely. Arrange the chocolate over the pastry, then layer on some bananas. Then drizzle with honey for a light tough of sweetness.
The crust will turn a deep golden brown. The chocolate will melt into puddles (literally, puddles of chocolate). The bananas will caramelize. And your kitchen will smell absolutely incredible.
This is one of those dessert you’ll want to enjoy warm, pretty much right out of the oven. And maybe with a scoop of ice cream, though it’s not totally necessary,
The light dusting of cinnamon adds a nice warmth and pairs particularly well with the bananas and honey. And as for the chocolate? Well, there’s really nothing not to love about puddles of melted chocolate and caramelized bananas. It’s heaven for anyone who enjoys chocolate.
And now you see, right? Your weekend plans? Bake up this pastry filled with warm chocolate puddles and bananas….enjoy!
PS. all the talk of chocolate puddles comes from Ina Garten. I saw a video of her on Instagram informing everyone that her chocolate scones were filled with puddles of chocolate. Ever since then I’ve really wanted to just describe a recipe by saying it was filled with puddles of chocolate. I mean, because what’s better than puddles of chocolate? Not a thing.
If you make this warm chocolate banana galette, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Warm Chocolate Banana Galette.
Calories Per Serving: 1302 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pasty, thawed
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7-8 ounces high quality semi-sweet or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 medium size ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 3-4 tablespoons honey, plus more for serving
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Place the pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a 1 inch border around the edge. Brush the pastry all over with melted butter, sprinkle the cinnamon around the edges. 3. Arrange the chocolate in an even layer over the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the pastry. Lay the bananas, cut side up in an even layer over the chocolate. Drizzle the bananas with honey. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are dark golden brown and the bananas are beginning to caramelize. It's OK if the edges get dark. 4. Let cool slightly and serve warm with honey and ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!