You remember Monday’s post?
When I shared this creamy lobster pasta and told you that it was for the guys to make their girls this weekend? Yeah, well today we are talking about the meal that every girl, Valentine’s Day or not, should be making their guy.
Now some of you may be totally appalled that I actually think a girl should be cooking a guy a steak, I know there are some serious feminists out there, BUT just hear me out. I grew up with five brothers, the brother just below me is someone I hang with out a lot (or maybe rather that I annoy a lot), to this day I still prefer hanging out with guys over girls.
I am so sorry, don’t hate me. My girl relationships growing up were not the best, and for me, guys are just less emotional and easier to get along with.
So if there is one thing I know how to do really well, it’s definitely how to make a guy’s meal, and how to make it flipping good. Granted, the lobster in this recipe might be a bit of a stretch for some (none of my brothers eat lobster except one, but all their friends do, so I figured the lobster was a safe bet), pair it with the steak and chimichurri butter? AND with real deal, homemade french fries?
Yeah, I don’t know any guy that would not love that.
Obviously, I don’t know a lot of vegetarians…
I have to say, I had so much fun with this recipe. For me, cooking is all about making people happy. Again, it’s that people pleaser personality of mine. I am such a sucker anytime anyone asks me to make them something specific (cookie dough especially). I can’t help it, I love to make people happy through food. Since I hang around with a bunch a guys (err that’s a stretch…the ages all vary and let’s be honest, so do the maturity levels…no matter the age), I end up making a lot of steaks, cheesy potatoes, buffalo chicken sandwiches and chicken noodle casseroles. Oh, and cookie dough…mostly for my brother Kai.
Totally not my favorite things to make, but they are easy and always very loved and appreciated. Especially the steaks, and especially when paired with potatoes. Wow, I guess it’s pretty obvious we grew up in the mid-west, huh?
Anyway, my point is that if there is one thing my brothers taught me (and yeah, it may be the one and ONLY thing… I mostly try to do the complete opposite of whatever they are doing) it’s that if you need to impress a guy, you make him a dang good steak.
Add the chimichurri butter and lobster? He may worship at your feet. Just sayin…
Good news is, cooking a steak is the easiest thing ever and same with the lobster, in this case you just cook it right along side the steak.
In my family, you never over cook a steak. We all like it pretty pink, but I know that some people like it well-done. Just be sure to find out everyone’s preferences before you cook the steaks. Other than that, this recipe is beyond easy.
And seriously, you cannot skimp on the roasted garlic chimichurri butter. I know that garlic isn’t all that awesome for the breath, but really? You are both going to eat it, so who the heck cares. Not me. Sorry if you do, but get over it.
It’s too good (and good for you).
Also, I have never made chimichurri sauce, but after experiencing this butter’s deliciousness I am now really excited to make it for my next skirt steak. I bet it’s an awesome marinade.
Double also, steak and lobster together may just be one of the best combos. Ever. Summer or winter. Sooo good.
And don’t forget the beer. Or the fries!!
Surf and Turf: Steak and Lobster with Spicy Roasted Garlic Chimichurri Butter.
Servings: 2 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 578 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Spicy Garlic Chimichurri Butter
- 1 small head roasted garlic mashed (or 2 grated garlic cloves)*
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened
- 1 shallot minced or grated
- 1 anchovy fillet finely chopped
- 1 fresno chile seed + chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- To make the Spicy Garlic Chimichurri Butter, add the roasted garlic to a medium bowl and finely mash it with a fork. You can also use a knife to mash the garlic into a paste. To the bowl, add the butter and mix it in with the garlic. Add the shallot, anchovy, fresno chile, cilantro, parsley, oregano and salt. Mix well. Keep the butter room temp if using right away or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To make the steak and lobster, combine the paprika, coriander brown sugar, garlic, cayenne and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Season the steaks all over with the spices.
- Use kitchen shears or a very sharp knife, cut the lobster tail right down the center. Rub the flesh of the lobster with olive oil, season with salt + pepper.
- Heat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet over high heat. Once hot, place the steaks on the grates, cook until desired doneness, about 5-8 minutes (depending on thickness) for medium-rare, per side.
- About five minutes before the steaks are done cooking, place the lobster, flash side down on the hot grill (or pan), cook for about 5 minutes and then flip the tails over and spread the chimichurri butter over the tails. Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until the shells are bright red. Remove both the steak and tails from the heat.
- To serve, place the hot steaks on a platter, add a good dollop of the chimichurri butter and the lobster tails. Serve with french fries and salt. Enjoy!
View Recipe Comments
*To roast the garlic, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chop off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal cloves. Peel any excess paper/skin off from the bulb of garlic. Place the cloves onto a piece of tin foil and pour about a teaspoon of olive oil on top. Cover with the foil. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown and soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool five minutes. Squeeze the garlic out of the paper skin into a bowl and mash well with a fork.
Ok, this is SO cheesy, but umm….pretty sure this steak and lobster with spicy roasted garlic chimichurri butter right here, will bring all the boys into the yard.
I cannot believe I just said that! Bye.