Skillet Moroccan Chicken. Spice rubbed chicken, pan seared, and finished with peaches, tomatoes, and lots of salty feta. Filled with color and flavor, this dish is pretty and delish! It’s also quick, easy, and a great way to use up any peaches and tomatoes you currently have sitting on your counter.
If there’s any week that needs a quick skillet chicken dinner, it’s this week. Man oh man, I know it’s only Wednesday, but like, I really wish it was Friday!
My week started off on not the best foot, but I’m going to be positive and say that it will be ending with both feet firmly moving forward. For some odd reason, I did not sleep at all on Sunday night, and I’m pretty sure that threw my entire Monday off. Normally, I’m the type of person that by the time my head actually hits the pillow, I’m sleeping within five minutes. But something was way off Sunday night and I could not fall asleep. And when I did, I had the most bazaar and uncomfortable dream that left me feeling uneasy all day long.
Normally I love Mondays, but this week is was kind of brutal. I was groggy, and my morning was filled with back to back meetings, followed by a full day in the kitchen. Safe to say I slept well Monday night, and thankfully Tuesday was much better.
Anyway, my point in all this rambling is that this week has been hectic, and it’s weeks like these where I really love and appreciate my skillet dinners.
They really are the best.
With the summer days winding down, my goal is to use all the summer produce I can. My other goal? To think up some more creative ways to incorporate tomatoes and peaches into recipes. I love a good peach crisp and tomato pasta, but it’s also fun to try different things!
Enter this Moroccan chicken that’s a mix of classic Moroccan flavors with fresh summertime flavors…so easy and delicious!
Here are all the details:
Season up that chicken! Traditionally Moroccan chicken uses a lot of spices, but I simplified things just a smidge, and only used my favorites from the mix….hint, hint, lots of smoky paprika, lemon, and ginger.
To keep the chicken from drying out, I like to simmer it in a little white wine OR chicken broth. Wine is my preferred liquid, but broth works just as well!
Now, add some fresh peaches and transfer the skillet to the oven. This will give the peaches a nice char.
Also…I know that peaches might seem out of place, but their sweetness really adds a nice balance to the spiced chicken. It’s that sweet and savory combo that you guys know I love so much!
While the chicken is in the oven, toss together some fresh tomatoes with basil and pistachios.
Grab the chicken from the oven and finish it off with the herby tomatoes and feta cheese. Done and DONE. Again, it’s pretty simple, super colorful, healthy, and so delicious.
Pretty much perfect for any night of the week, and any occasion from Sunday night dinner, to a quick Wednesday meal, to a Saturday night dinner party. Very versatile.
And most important? It’s just really good!
Serve this with steamed rice or couscous and dinner is complete.
If you make this skillet Moroccan chicken, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Skillet Moroccan Chicken with Tomatoes, Peaches, and Feta
Calories Per Serving: 645 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and lemon zest, and season generously with salt and pepper. 3. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. 4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the ginger and garlic and cook another minute. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice. Slide the chicken back into the pan. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Arrange the peaches evenly around the chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 5 minutes or until the peaches are just charred.5. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and pistachios in a medium bowl. 6. Spoon the tomatoes over the chicken, then top with peaches, feta, and any remaining pan sauce. EAT.
View Recipe Comments
Calories based on one serving size