Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!!
Just stopping in for a quick post to share this delicious raspberry rose baked french toast (gotta go pamper my mom you know!!). Perfect for an easy late spring/summer brunch, a girl’s gathering or just an extra special morning when in need of sweet, buttery baked bread! Of course, if you still have time, this would be an awesome addition to your Mother’s Day brunch. It’s kind of a show stopper, and I highly recommend making it for guests. Especially since you can prep everything the night before and then just pop it in the oven the next morning.
Talk about easy entertaining!!
I actually made this again today for my mom…she LOVED it. The perfect way to begin a day of “farming”, as we are now off as a family to check out a goat farm, buy some more fencing and then finish prepping “the homestead” for the goats arrival later this month. My dad spent yesterday afternoon building them a little shed (in the midst of a snow storm – yes snow storm!). Oh my gosh, the goats are actually happening. Whoa.
Next. Next time it will be a horse… yeah!
For now though, please go check out this french toast recipe on the Inspired Homes site. Pretty please with a cherry on top? You really do not want to miss it.
Raspberry Rose Baked French Toast.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 534 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 5 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk I like using canned coconut milk, or whole milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- teaspoon pinch of fresh nutmeg about ¼
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 inch loaf challah bread cut into 3/4- thick slices
- 2 pints fresh or frozen raspberries plus fresh raspberries for topping
- maple syrup and powdered sugar for serving
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Grease a 9x13 inch-baking dish (I love any of the Fiesta baking dishes!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, coconut milk (or milk), honey, vanilla, rose water, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Submerge each piece of challah bread in the egg mixture, allowing the bread to sit at least a minute and soak up the eggs. Arrange the dipped sliced of challah in the prepared baking dish. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread slices in the baking dish. Add half the raspberries in between the slices and on top
- In another medium bowl, combine the slivered almonds, coconut flakes and brown sugar. Add the butter and use your hands to incorporate the butter into the almonds + coconut. Sprinkle the mix overtop the bread slices. Sprinkle a handful of raspberries overtop.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the French toast is golden and crisp. If the tops of the bread begin to brown to quickly loosely cover the French toast with foil.
I mean, aren’t they just so pretty??? I promise, they are just as delicious!
Perfect for brunching!! Find the recipe here.
Oh, and I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy their mom today, make sure you let her know how special she is!!