Crockpot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Gnocchi. A cozier weeknight, slow cooker meal made with white wine, creamy Dijon mustard, fresh herbs, parmesan cheese, and store-bought cauliflower or potato gnocchi. Plus, I added in shredded brussels sprouts for veggies and color. This slow-cooked chicken dinner is a hearty and delicious meal to come home to at the end of a busy day. But what’s even better is just how easy it is to prepare!
We’re just one week out from the start of fall!! Part of me is sad that time is flying by, but most of me just feels excited. Excited for the season ahead. Excited to lean into the cozier things in life. And excited about our upcoming launch and fall travel.
So many things to really be looking forward to! And course, fall recipes are at the top of my list! I have so many fun new ideas!
But with life being so busy for us all, I think we can agree that simplifying our cooking and baking is the way to go.
This means crockpot recipes! And today I have a good one.
Here are the details
Just as you would think, this really is simple. Begin by placing the chicken in the crockpot and rubbing it with olive oil and fresh herbs. I used a heartier mix of herbs for this to really help make the dish warming. Sage is my favorite herb to use in September.
Now the garlic, the key to this recipe. You’ll want to use a whole head but peel the cloves and leave them whole. The cloves will soften and caramelize as the chicken cooks adding so much flavor to the sauce.
I also love to use a Parmesan rind. Try it, you’ll love it! Just toss it in with the garlic. It adds a really nice flavor throughout the creamy sauce. It also pairs so wonderfully with the white wine, herbs, and mustard. Certainly a very French vibe.
At this point, just cover the crockpot and cook. You can speed things up by cooking on high, or go low and slow. Alternatively, you can use the instant pot, but I do prefer the crockpot method, I gave stovetop directions too.
When the chicken has cooked, pull it out and set it on a small sheet pan.
For the gnocchi, it’s pretty easy, sometimes I use cauliflower, sometimes potato. Just depends on my mood!
Mix it in with some water and cook in the crockpot for a few minutes on high.
Finish the chicken by adding some butter on top. Then add milk and Parmesan to the sauce too.
And well that’s it. This certainly could not be easier, or more delicious!
Once you plate this, I like to add fresh basil on top and some crusty bread on the side. The bread is perfect for scooping up all that extra sauce.
Looking for other easy Monday night dinners?? Here are my favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Crockpot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Gnocchi, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crockpot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Gnocchi:
Calories Per Serving: 557 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and left whole
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound potato or cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In the bowl of your slow cooker, rub the chicken with the olive oil, mustard, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the garlic cloves. Pour over the wine and lemon juice. Add the parmesan rind, if using. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours.2. Preheat the broiler to high. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker place it on a baking sheet.3. Crank the heat on the slow cooker to high. Stir in the gnocchi, brussels sprouts, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook 15 minutes, or until the gnocchi soft. Stir in the cream and parmesan.4. Place the butter on the chicken, then broil 1-3 minutes, until crisp. Serve the chicken over the gnocchi with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!
- 1. Set the instant pot to sauté. Rub the chicken with the olive oil, mustard, sage, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken to the instant pot and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Add the garlic cloves. Pour over the wine and lemon juice. Add the parmesan rind, if using, and butter. Cover and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.2. Once done cooking, release the steam. Set the Instant pot to sauté. Stir in the gnocchi, brussels sprouts, and 1/2 cup water. Cook 6-8 minutes, until soft. Stir in the cream and parmesan.3. Serve the chicken over the gnocchi with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!
- 1. Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Rub the chicken with the olive oil, mustard sage, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken to the pot and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium. Pour in the wine and lemon juice. Add the butter. Cover and cook 10 minutes.2. Stir in the gnocchi, brussels sprouts, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring often, another 6-8 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the cream and parmesan.3. Serve the chicken over the gnocchi with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!