These easy homemade Garlic Butter Pizza Egg Rolls are everyone’s favorite. Square egg roll wrappers stuffed with cheese, marinara sauce, and dried herbs before getting a coating of parmesan and heading off to the oven. Each handheld pizza roll is baked until crisp with pepperoni on top. They come out oh so cheesy and delicious! Serve these rolls with garlic butter and warmed marinara sauce for the best easy appetizer. Perfect for game day and through the holidays too. There never seems to be enough of these fun pizza rolls, so be sure to make a double batch.
I love this time of year so much. Here in New York it’s not just fall yet, but I do think you can feel it in the air. A few of the leaves have turned to light shades of gold and yellow. Honestly, it’s just exciting, I love the fall season so much.
Now that the NFL season has officially kicked off, it’s back to Monday night, Thursday night, and Sunday night football. This means appetizer season is in full swing. We’re looking for great recipes to serve up on game night that can double for the holidays too. Because the holidays will be here before we know it!
One of our favorite foods for game nights is, of course, a good slice of pizza. As a kid, we’d occasionally pick up a couple of pizzas, usually one cheese and another buffalo chicken.
So yummy and such a treat as a young kid.
This season instead of doing another pizza, I thought some cheesy pizza rolls would be especially fun and delicious. And you all, these really did turn out so good. They’re extra cheesy, which to me, is the best kind of pizza roll.
Step 1: mix the cheeses and herbs
First up, take the grated parmesan cheese and mix it with dried basil, oregano, and parsley. Then add a clove of garlic garlic and a good handful of mozzarella cheese.
You can really use any melty cheese that you love. Fontina and Gouda would be great!
Step 2: layer, tuck, and roll
Now, working with a square egg roll wrapper, you’ll want to layer your favorite marinara sauce with a slice of provolone cheese, then the mozzarella cheese mix from step 1, and finish with a pepperoni slice.
Tuck and roll. The rolling process is simple, roll up, then tuck the sides inward to enclose, and finish rolling. Your first two might be a bit messy, but you’ll get the hang of the process after a few. And don’t stress these do not need to be perfect. The cheese will melt out a bit no matter what.
Step 3: toss them in butter and parmesan, then bake
Now, melt some of the butter, then sprinkle over that remaining bit of parmesan cheese.
Bake these up in a super hot oven. About halfway through cooking add a pepperoni slice on top, then continue baking until crispy and cheesy, they’re going to smell so delicious.
When you pull the rolls out of the oven the cheese will be bubbling away. The excitement to break apart each roll and enjoy them is immediate. And that’s exactly what you should do! Serve the rolls right away while the cheese is still warm and gooey.
These rolls are like pizza, but in a fun new form, and with delicious garlic butter in every bite. The garlic butter really does make these rolls better than all the rest!
I’m excited to have these on hand for Sunday night games, but also for the upcoming holiday season! Great for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and all the holiday parties to come in December! They’re even festive and pretty.
Looking for other buffalo recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make these Garlic Butter Pizza Egg Rolls be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Garlic Butter Pizza Egg Rolls
Servings: 12 rolls
Calories Per Serving: 265 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12-16 square egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.2. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup grated parmesan, the dried basil, oregano, parsley, chili flakes, and 1 clove of garlic. Mix in the mozzarella.3. To assemble, brush water around the edges of the wrapper, then layer with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, 1 slice provolone, and about 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella mix. Add 1 pepperoni slice. Do not overstuff these with ingredients. Roll up and place on the baking sheet. 4. Melt 5 tablespoons of butter, then brush each roll with the butter. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then flip, add 1-2 pepperoni slices, and cook another 8-10 minutes, or until the rolls are crisp. The cheese may melt out a bit, but that's ok.5. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter together with the sage, let the sage get crisp, then remove from the heat and add 1 clove of grated garlic. Top each roll with the garlic butter. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.