Crockpot Beer Braised Chicken
So? You guys remember this bread?
From last Tuesday? The 5 ingredient Beer Bread? You might not since that happened to be one of the days (yes DAYS) my site was having major issues, but thank God those issue have been resolved – I hope!
How cute and awesome is that pumpkin beer bottle? I am kind of obsessed with it. I have used it in WAY too many photos, but I just cannot get enough of it.
That little pumpkin gets me every time. I just like staring at it, he (or she!) makes me smile.
And not even because I am going drink it, heck I still can’t even legally buy it!
Nope, I really just like using it to cook with, I also like having that cute little pumpkin face stare back at me while I cook. Thankfully, I have my dad to buy me my booze. He actually said the other day, “you know, for someone who does not even drink you sure go through a lot of alcohol, and not the cheap stuff either”.
Anyway, if you did not see this bread go check it out. It’s a good one and it is especially good served alongside this chicken.
The beer bread recipe was originally my grandmas. The tasty, simple recipes are always the ones with staying power. They are the ones that get passed around and around the family, and this one is no exception. And since today is her birthday this is a great opportunity to thank her for holding on to this and many other family “classics”. Happy Birthday Nonnie!
Basically, this chicken is the easiest tastiest fall meal. Just throw everything in and cook all day. Then make some bread and you are done.
If you want an extra layer of flavor you can brown the chicken before adding it to the crock pot, it does add some pretty good flavor, but if you’re short on time you can totally skip this. Seriously, sometimes I brown the chicken, sometimes I don’t, but either way it is still awesome!
Oh and can I just say, that if you are having a busy/rough/just plain annoying week this is definitely your meal. It is SO easy and so warm and cozy… and so no fuss.
Plus, if you have some people or someone or something who is maybe just slightly getting on your very last nerve (like I do today), this is the meal that’s going to make you feel better. Seriously.
Crockpot Pumpkin Beer Braised Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs I used chicken breast
- 2 andouille sausage links quartered
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 ounce can diced tomatoes 14
- 1 ounce can diced green chilies 4
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce pumpkin beer 12, or whatever you have on hand or love!
- 1/4 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked white or brown rice for serving
- [beer bread | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/5-ingredient-beer-bread/] for serving
- Scatter the onions in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the red peppers, andouille sausage, tomatoes, green chilies, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and beer. Submerge the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, add the corn starch mixture and stir to combine. Cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes more or until the sauce thickens. If the sauce gets too thick, too fast you may add water or chicken broth to thin. If the sauce is not thickening enough, leave the lid off for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice, [beer bread | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/5-ingredient-beer-bread/] and garnish with fresh parsley.
Crockpot Beer Braised Chicken – Problems solved.