Cranberry Thyme Spritz.
So excited to be sharing this festive and fun Cranberry Thyme Spritz with you guys today.
Happiest Saturday everyone! I’m writing today’s post from my hotel room in NYC, and I must say, I’m sad to be getting ready to leave this incredible city. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I would love the city as much as most, but I have had such a great time on this trip, and am already planning my next trip back (literally). Can’t wait to give you guys all the details in tomorrow’s Favorites post. So much to share!
For now, I am dying to share one of my favorite cocktails I’ve created to date…this one is just so good.
Plus, I absolutely love how festive it is. You guys all know I am a sucker for a festive cocktail, see here and here. I realize I might be jumping into the “holiday” recipes a bit too soon, but with Thanksgiving so early this year (we are less than two weeks away!) and after a week spent in very festive NYC (and they’re not even fully decorated for the holidays yet!), I just could not help it. Hoping you’re all on the same page as me!
With every Thanksgiving, I love creating a new punch style recipe that easily feeds a crowd and is simple to make. This cranberry thyme spritz is this year’s party punch. Not only is it extra festive and pretty, but it’s sweet, hinted lightly with flavors of thyme, spiked with a little vodka, and made with my very favorite, elderflower liquor. I used honey for sweetness, to balance out the tart in-season-cranberries, and both grapefruit and lime juice, for a nice hit of citrus. It’s basically the perfect sweet holiday drink.
I know that traditionally when most people think of cranberries they immediately think cranberry sauce, but I’m a huge believer that cranberries can be used in so many other delicious ways…like this spritz.
Trust me, once you try this drink you’ll be wanting to make up a big batch of these come Thanksgiving Day!
Cranberry Thyme Spritz
Keyword: festive cocktail, fruity cocktail, punch
This cranberry thyme spritz is this year's party punch. Not only is it extra festive and pretty, but it's sweet, hinted lightly with flavors of thyme, spiked with a little vodka, and made with my very favorite, elderflower liquor. It's basically the perfect sweet holiday drink.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 8 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces elderflower liquor
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, plus slices for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4-6 ginger beers
- star anise, for serving (optional)
1. In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, cranberries, thyme, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat. Let cool. Remove the thyme and ginger. If desired, strain out the cranberries.
2. In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry syrup mix, vodka, elderflower liquor, grapefruit juice, and lime juice. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Add the ginger beer just before serving. Garnish each drink with a grapefruit slice and star anise, if desired.
Hope you all have a great Saturday!
Our Favorite Recipes
Butter Pecan Frosted Fudge Brownies.