Cinnamon Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Ice Cream.
Oh my gosh, it’s Friday!!! You guys have to try these cinnamon grilled peaches with mascarpone ice cream. They are so good and just have summer ALL over them!
Only the very best day of the week, yesssss!!
So hey! Let’s chat about this week. I went to my local farm stand a good four out of five days and basically spent wayy too much money on things like local heirloom tomatoes and peaches. BUT honestly, it totally made my flipping week. The excitement that came over me when I saw the pretty tomatoes and peaches was beyond embarrassing, whatever, I am a pumped!
Also, I made big time friends with the owner of the farm stand and he gave me access to all his “secret” produce that he keeps for the high-end restaurants in Breckenridge. Ahhh, yes please!! I’m talking buckets and buckets of the prettiest ever heirloom tomatoes, and peaches galore. It was pretty much my heaven, and I bought it all. Ok, not ALL of it, but a lot of it. He now has my phone number and promised to call when he gets all the best stuff…. so unbelievably pumped!
Clearly I have BIG plans for this month’s recipes and those plans include lots of tomatoes, peaches, berries, corn, plums, zucchini, and just about every other summer produce, but really, a lot of tomatoes, peaches, corn and berries.
Please tell me you guys are as excited as I am?!
SIDE NOTE: can we talk about my cat, Snape for a second? He has finally mellowed out a bit and really likes to snuggle, but you guys, every single day this week I have walked outside my front door only to find dead mice and birds. Today, there were two… and they were both birds! I felt horrible for them. I mean, why the cute little birds? And also, how did he get them? Don’t birds fly? How the heck does he get the birds? UGH.
Anyway, I have been having a really hard time even wanting to touch him cause I mean, his mouth has touched mice. Eeeewwwww. And then he likes to lay on my desk while I work and all I can think about is what he has been up to all day….killing mice. It’s just not good, I feel like I need to give him a bath every single night…but he’d hate that. Man oh man, the cat struggle is REAL!
Anyway, seeing as I have all these beautiful peaches, I clearly needed to put them to very good use. Enter these Cinnamon Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Ice Cream and Honey Nut Cheerio Granola.
It’s kind of a mouthful, but man, it is SO good.
It’s also really quick and easy. Obviously if you’re making the mascarpone ice cream you’ll need to make it the night before so it can freeze. BUT it literally takes maybe ten minutes total to prepare and then it’s into your freezer. Really, ice cream just does not get easier….or more delicious. If you have yet to try a vanilla mascarpone ice cream, you should know that it’s a game changer. The mascarpone just makes the ice cream incredibly creamy and really highlights the vanilla flavor.
But um, how about that granola? I’ve had this box of Cheerios in my pantry for far too lang and the combo of crunchy Cheerios, to soft grilled peaches with creamy ice cream on top just sounded so flipping good that I had to make it. Bonus, any of the leftover granola can be saved for snacking or sprinkled over a smoothie or yogurt bowl. It’s soo yummy though, I doubt you’ll have any left. For real.
Okok, but maybe we should talk about the main event here. THE PEACHES.
Cinnamon sugar, grilled to a caramelized perfection and eaten warm. Served with the creamiest mascarpone vanilla ice cream…served with that crunchy granola on top. Really, do I need to explain any more. I actually had to cut the title for this post down and remove the Honey Nut Cheerio Granola part ☹️. All because the SEO won’t allow for more than 10 words. Come on, I’m trying to let my readers know about the all kinds of deliciousness going on here! My long as ever, 12 word, original title, Cinnamon Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Ice Cream and Honey Nut Cheerio Granola, pretty much said it all.
The ice cream melts over the warm and gooey peaches, and the granola provides a nice sweet crunch. You can even add a little extra sweetness with just a tiny drizzle of honey over the ice cream. While it’s definitely not needed, it’s delish.
OH, and if you prefer, you can also roast the peaches in the oven until caramelized, that’s a great option for those cooler September nights.
Cinnamon Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Ice Cream and Honey Nut Cheerio Granola.
Keyword: grilles peaches
These sweet spiced peaches make a perfect dessert
Vanilla Mascarpone Ice Cream
Honey Nut Cheerio Granola
Vanilla Mascarpone Ice Cream
- Add the mascarpone and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use a hand held electric mixer) and whip until smooth and combined. Add the heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4-6 hours or overnight.
Honey Nut Cheerio Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, combine the Cheerios, oats and nuts. In a small saucepan, melt together the honey and coconut oil or butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla + salt. Pour the mix over the Cheerios and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, toss and bake another 10 minutes or until the oats are golden. Remove and let cool.
Grilled Stone Fruit
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat and brush the grates with oil.
- In a bowl, toss together the fruit and butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Grill the fruit for 2-3 minutes or until light char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Serve the grilled fruit warm, with a large scoop of Vanilla Mascarpone Ice Cream and plenty of Honey Nut Cheerio Granola...then maybe even a drizzle of honey! 🙂
All the peaches please! ? ? ?
PS. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite bloggers for the Bloglovin 2016 awards…Half Baked Harvest is nominated for best food blog, yeah!!