Bourbon Glazed Peach Fritters.
Hey, Hey, HEY guys!!
Happy Friday!! I am beyond excited right now!
I made it through a pretty demanding week. It was fun, scary and awesome all at the same time. Like whoa! I am glad the week is over, but at the same time, sad to see it go…if that makes any sense at all.
First things first, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who left such incredibly nice comments on Wednesday’s post. Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and great personal stories. You’ve lifted my spirits and were able to make me completely forget all about the haters out there!
So, I’m glad that the majority of you enjoyed my Food Network Facebook live post, and all my behind the scenes snapchats throughout the week (username: hbharvest). I had a lot of fun shooting with them all week long and you can expect to see my new show, Tieghan’s Harvested Table, on the Food Network Snapchat Discover channel starting in August. I am SO excited about all the recipes and fun DIY projects we were able to create for you guys. I have a pretty good feeling that you guys will love all the videos! Or at least I hope and pray you will!! 🙂
Speaking of snapchat, I am going to try to poke my head in today and cook up another recipe. What do you guys want to see?
We went savory last week with a cheese board, so maybe this week something sweet? Maybe some KILLER bourbon glazed peach fritters??? Hmmm…….
Yep, maybe we should start chatting about these here fritters I made us.
Oh my gosh, they’re everything you could ever ask for from a fritter. Light and airy on the inside, but just slightly crisp on the outside. The peaches make them incredibly sweet, and add the most delicious flavor in all the land. Dare I say they are better than an apple fritter? No, no, not sure I can go that far, but they are without a doubt equally good, and just as amazing in their own unique way.
So here’s the deal, typically I’m not a fan of frying things, but in the case of things like doughnuts and fritters, I strongly feel they need to be fried. While I don’t love the task of frying, I do love the end result, and these fritters are no exception.
Honestly, they are fritter PERFECTION.
Do you want to know the best part? They can be ready, start to finish, in under thirty minutes. Totally serious right now.
Kind of perfect for a little summertime Friday afternoon treat, right?!?!
Plus, hello! There is the most epic bourbon and maple glaze situation happening all over these fritters, and seeing as it’s Friday and all, I feel as though this boozy combo really works. OK, and it’s also just freaking delicious…no matter what day it is! 🙂
Thinking we should totally be making it a peach fritter kind of Friday. What do you guys say?
Bourbon Glazed Peach Fritters.
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 cups peaches chopped (about 2 1/2 chopped)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans chopped
Bourbon Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream for serving
- Fill a medium heavy bottom pot with oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs, butter and buttermilk and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. Stir in the peaches and pecans.
- Once the oil is hot, drop rounded tablespoons of batter into the oil. Fry on one side for 30 to 60 seconds or until golden brown, then flip the fritter and fry the other side for 30 to 60 seconds or until golden brown. Remove fritters from the oil with a spider or slotted spoon. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining fritters.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the maple syrup, powdered sugar, bourbon and vanilla. Drizzle the glaze over the warm fritters and EAT!
Cool. Let’s do this. ?