6 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh my gosh. These cookies!! I love them. They are 100% vegan, made with six very simple ingredients, free of added sugar, loaded with chocolate, beyond delicious, and require no cooking. In just 20 mins you’ll have a sweet treat perfect for any day of the week.
Today is a chocolate chip cookie kind of Tuesday, because even in the middle of the summer, a good chocolate chip cookie is often necessary. It can be hard to look past all the summer fruits when it comes to dessert, but sometimes chocolate is what you really need.
As I write this, it’s storming outside and it couldn’t be a cozier situation. In fact, this dark, stormy, and cool weather has me just a little bit excited for fall. Don’t hate me, but I’m actually very excited… I’m also so glad it’s raining, which might sound odd, but we haven’t had any. We have so many wildfires burning here in Colorado and any rain we can get is essential. Our skies have been so hazy the last few days due to all the smoke in the air. So we really do need rain…and lots of it.
I can’t believe I am wishing for rain…
That said, I do love writing this post wrapped in a blanket and cozied up inside, so these cookies feel very fitting for today.
And also? I really just think Tuesdays need something sweet. I’ve said this before, but I think Tuesday can be one of the harder days of the week. The high from the previous weekend has worn off. We need a little something special so we can again set the weekend in our sights.
So why not make it special with some cookies?!
Yes, yes, let’s do that.
Now, these cookies are not your average chocolate chip cookie.
As mentioned, these are no bake, vegan, and pretty dang healthy for a chocolate chip cookie. With us now being smack in the middle of summertime, the temperatures are hot, the sun is shining, our kitchens are hot, and many of you have expressed that you do not want to turn the oven on. Like at all.
I get it. My kitchen has been an average of seventy-six degrees, with it sometimes going up to the eighties. It’s been just a little bit warm. I personally don’t mind (and actually kind of like it). But I’m a freak and love warmth more than a normal person.
Anyway, point is, I understand, you don’t want to use the oven and I’ve listened.
Enter these cookies.
Here are the details. There aren’t many, so you ready?
These chocolate chip cookies have just six ingredients, salted cashews, dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, oats, and chocolate chips.
Add the first five ingredients to a food processor and blend until the dough forms a ball and easily holds together when squeezed. Stir in the chocolate, roll into cookies, and chill.
At this point, you can eat as is or take things a step further and drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate and then a sprinkle of flaky salt (my favorite). Obviously, I took things a step further, because an extra drizzle of chocolate and a sprinkle of flaky salt is always a good idea.
So, how do these taste?
Honestly, they taste just like chocolate chip cookies, but more doughy, soft, and chewy, with a nice nutty, salty flavor. Ok, so maybe a little different, but oh so delicious. I know it’s kind of hard to believe, but I promise, these cookies are good, and you’ll never know that they don’t have any added sugars in them.
I’m loving making these on a Sunday to have on hand throughout the week when my sweet tooth kicks into gear. They are the perfect healthy snack that feels sweet and indulgent but are actually a great protein-filled, nutrient-dense snack.
Love when healthy food tastes just like dessert!
If you make these 6 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies., please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make these cookies, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
6 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 20 cookies
Calories Per Serving: 143 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted cashews
- 8 ounces pitted medjool dates, make sure you are using moist, plump dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, plus 4 ounces more to melt overtop if desired (make sure your chocolate is vegan if that is a concern
- flaky sea salt
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cashews, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and oats. Pulse until well combined and no large chunks of dates remain. If the dough seem dry, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil and a splash of water to bring the dough together. Stir in the chocolate chips. 3. Roll the dough into 18-20 tablespoon size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using the palm of your hand, gently press down on each dough ball to flatten into circles. Transfer to the freezer and freeze 10-15 minutes or until firm. 4. If desired, melt 4 ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. Sprinkle with flaky salt. Eat...or let the chocolate harden and store in an airtight container in the fridge.