Homemade strawberry jam and cream cheese swirled together and baked inside a flaky, buttery pie dough. Drizzle the warm giant pop tart with a sweet lemony glaze to really finish it off. Every bite is roll your eyes back delicious.
1. To make the berry jam. In a medium pot, bring the strawberries, raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice to a boil. Boil 8-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and becomes jam-like. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Let Cool.
2. To make the dough. In a food processor, combine the flours and butter. Pulse until the mix clumps together to form pea size balls. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide the dough in half. Roll each half out into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle, about 8x16 inches. Transfer 1 rectangle to the prepared baking sheet and spread the cream cheese over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge of the dough. Layer the berry jam over the cream cheese. Lay the other half of the dough over the filling and seal the edges by crimping with the back of a fork. Cover the baking sheet and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the pop tart with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powder sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water, adding extra water to thin the glaze as desired. Drizzle the glaze over the pop tart. Cut the tart into 9 rectangles. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.