Burrata with Lemon Pepper Salami Bites
The perfect (super simple, super EASY) 15-minute appetizer that everybody loves.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (use less for a less intense flavor)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 -2 sprinkles black pepper
- 4 balls fresh burrata cheese, at room temperature
- 2 pounds salami, thinly sliced
- Marcona almonds, for serving
1. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Cook stirring occasionally until the garlic turns golden, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon and cook another minute, until fried. Remove from the heat. Season with pepper. 2. Break the burrata and arrange with the salami and almonds in a shallow serving bowl. Drizzle the lemon pepper oil overtop. Season with additional pepper. Serve with crackers or bread.
To Make Ahead: the olive oil can be made up to 1 week ahead and stored at room temperature.
*The lemon pepper salami bites are adapted from Bon Appétit
Calories: 342kcal | Protein: 26g