The Simplest Ombrè Citrus Cream Tart.
Buttery flaky puff pastry, layered with whipped greek yogurt, topped with ombrè colored winter citrus, and drizzled with sweet honey for that extra special touch. Made just a touch healthier with whipped greek yogurt and a light drizzle of honey for sweetness!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pasty, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- raw coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- 6 ounces creme fraiche, mascarpone, or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice + 1-2 teaspoons zest, to your taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, plus more for serving
- 6-8 mixed color oranges, thinly sliced (I used all blood oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- fresh thyme, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Place the pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a 1 inch border around the edge. Brush the pastry with egg, sprinkle the sugar around the edges. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. It's OK if the edges get dark. Let cool, before assembling. 3. Meanwhile, make the whipped yogurt. Using an electric mixer, whip the creme fraiche (or cream cheese), yogurt, and lemon juice together until smooth and soft peaks form. Add the vanilla, honey, and lemon zest. Whip to combined.4. Spread the whipped cream over the tart. Arrange the orange slices over the cream, and scatter over the raspberries. Serve with additional honey and thyme, if desired.