30 Minute Asian Basil Beef and Mango Noodle Salad.
Quick, easy and full of flavours
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 carrots shredded
- red fresno pepper or jalapeno pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced or chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 of a green or purple cabbage shredded
- 1 pound lean ground beef may also use ground chicken or turkey
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 mango sliced or diced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain.
Add the carrots, red peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, cabbage and 2 tablespoons soy sauce to a medium bowl. Toss well and set aside.
Heat a large wok or heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the beef. Season the beef with black pepper and brown all over, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Once the beef is browned, add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic, cook 30 second to 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup sweet Thai chili sauce and 1 cup of fresh basil. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce coats the beef, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup fresh basil, lime juice and cilantro.
To serve, divide the noodle among bowl and top with the beef. Add the carrot/pepper salad and the fresh mango. Garnish with basil, watercress and or sesame seeds. EAT!
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 7190IU | Vitamin C: 95.3mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4.5mg