Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix.
The ultimate snack mix
Servings: 12 CUPS
- 3 cups corn chex
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups whole wheat chex
- 2 cups mixed nuts or 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 2 cups pita chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cups) butter melted
- 3/4 cup hot sauce I like to use franks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3-4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese finely grated
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix the Chex cereals, mixed nuts, pretzels and pita chips. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a bowl and mix in the hot sauce and seasoned salt. Pour the buffalo sauce over the cereal mixture, tossing well for 3-5 minutes or until the cereal mixture is evenly coated. Spread evenly over two greased baking pans. Sprinkle the cheese over top of both baking pans.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with blue cheese. Allow the cheese to melt five minutes and then spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes (or just start eating!!). Store in airtight container.
Calories: 717kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1820mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 20.1mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 17.9mg