Crockpot Pumpkin Beer Braised Chicken
Basically, this chicken is the easiest tastiest fall meal. Just throw everything in and cook all day.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs I used chicken breast
- 2 andouille sausage links quartered
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) pumpkin beer or whatever you have on hand or love!
- 1/4 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked white or brown rice for serving
Scatter the onions in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the red peppers, andouille sausage, tomatoes, green chilies, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and beer. Submerge the chicken.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
30 minutes before the chicken is done cooking, add the corn starch mixture and stir to combine. Cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes more or until the sauce thickens. If the sauce gets too thick, too fast you may add water or chicken broth to thin. If the sauce is not thickening enough, leave the lid off for 30 minutes.
Serve with rice, [beer bread | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/5-ingredient-beer-bread/] and garnish with fresh parsley.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 853mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1970IU | Vitamin C: 66.5mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg