Bad Santa White Russian
A touch of sweetness, just the right amount of creaminess, and a good kick too...the perfect holiday twist on a classic!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Kahlua
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) cinnamon syrup Instructions below
- 1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) half and half or cream
- chocolate sauce and coarse vanilla sugar, for the rim
1. To make the cinnamon syrup. In a medium pot, combine 1/2 cup water, the honey, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. This makes enough for 6 drinks. 2. If desired, rim your glass with chocolate sauce and sugar.3. To make the Russian. Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka, Kahlua, espresso, and vanilla syrup. Stir. Add the half and half and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon, if desired.
Vanilla Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1/2 a vanilla bean, seeds scraped.