Vanilla Espresso Martini
The perfect subtle twist on the classic espresso martini cocktail, and a delicious holiday treat to cap the night!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean ( or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)
- vanilla sugar, for rim (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) Kahlúa
- 1 ounce espresso
1. To make the vanilla honey syrup. In a medium pot, bring 1/4 cup water, the honey, and vanilla to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Let cool. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.2. If desired, rim your glass with vanilla sugar. 3. In a cocktail shaker, combine 2-3 teaspoons honey syrup, vodka, Kahlua, and espresso. Add ice and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a couple of coffee beans, if desired.
Vanilla Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1/2 a vanilla bean, seeds scraped.