Easiest Herby Tomato Soup with Melted Brie Crostini
End of summer tomatoes roasted with onions, garlic, fresh herbs, and olive oil!
- 6-8 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 sweet onion quartered
- 4-6 cloves garlic smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for rubbing
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk plus more to thin as needed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil roughly, chopped
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 ounces brie, sliced into 4 slices
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 2. In a large oven safe pot, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, 5 sage leaves, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to char and release their juices. Let cool slightly.3. Transfer the roasted tomato mix and their juices to a blender, puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and place over medium heat on the stove. Stir in the milk and cheddar cheese. Cook 5-10 minutes, until warmed. Stir in the basil and season the soup with salt and pepper. 4. Meanwhile, make the crostini. Finely chop the remaining 3 sage leaves. Place the bread on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Transfer to the oven and cook 5 minutes. Flip the bread, sprinkle with sage, and add a slice of brie to each. Return to the oven and cook 5 more minutes or until the brie is melted. 5. To serve, ladle the soup among bowls and top with fresh basil. Serve alongside the brie crostini. Enjoy!