Greek Salmon with Lemon Feta and Orzo Summer Salad.
Simple, colorful, super flavorful, healthy-ish, so delicious, and can be made entirely on the grill!
- 4 (5-6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, sliced and seeds removed - use to your taste
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, dill, and or mint, chopped (I use a mix)
1. Place the salmon in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, paprika, oregano, shallot, garlic, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Rub the seasonings and oil evenly into flesh. Toss the lemon slices into the oil. 2. To make the salad. Add the orzo, olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, herbs, and a pinch each of crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a large serving bowl. Add the chickpeas, red peppers, tomatoes, olives, and avocado, toss to combine.3. Heat your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium high heat. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down. Add the lemon slices. Cover and cook until skin is lightly charred, 4-5 minutes, flip the salmon and lemons, grill another 3-4 minutes until opaque. Remove everything from the grill. 4. Finely chop the lemon slices and mix them with the herbs, crumbled feta, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add a couple of spoonfuls of the feta to the orzo salad. 5. Divide the salad between plates. Add the salmon and sprinkle with lemon feta. Top with lots of fresh herbs, and an extra squeeze of lemon, if desired. Enjoy!