Marinated Goat Cheese and Strawberry Crostini
Enjoy for breakfast, brunch, a quick (and easy) lunch, or as a super simple appetizer!
- 1 (10 ounce) log goat cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sourdough or french baguette, sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- honey, for serving
1. Arrange the goat cheese slices in a square baking dish. Sprinkle over the basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add the thyme. Drizzle the olive oil over the goat cheese. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. 2. Preheat your grill to high heat or preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.3. Place the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil on both sides of each slice, season with salt. Place the bread on the grill and grill both for about 2-3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill.4. Spread the goat cheese over the bread. Top with strawberries, basil, and honey. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
Using Different Cheeses: If you don't love goat cheese, use fresh burrata cheese or cubed feta cheese. Either would be delicious and can both be marinated in the very same way. To use ricotta cheese, skip the marinating and just stir the herbs into the cheese with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.