Pesto Chicken Caesar Salad with Tomatoes and Burrata
Definitely not your everyday salad. Delicious, easy to throw together, egg-free, colorful, healthy, and filling!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups torn ciabatta bread
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and black pepper
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
- fresh herbs, for serving, such as chives, thyme, and basil
1. To make the croutons. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the bread and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden and toasted all over, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt. Slide bread crumbs onto a plate, discard the garlic. 2.To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.3. To make the chicken. In a bowl, combine the chicken, pesto, crushed red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt. Set your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Take skewers and thread the chicken pieces on. Alternately, you can cook the chicken in a skillet until browned all over. 4. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. 6. Assemble the salad. Add the romaine, tomatoes, croutons, chicken, croutons, and dressing. Toss to combine. Once the salad has been tossed, top with burrata, drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Calories: 901kcal | Fiber: 4g