Blueberry Lemon Thyme Smash Punch
A simple and quick spring or summer cocktail
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus a sprig for serving
- juice from 2 lemons (about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 cup blueberry or blackberry jam
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) bourbon or tequila
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) elderflower liquor (St. Germain)
- 3-4 (12 ounce) cans sparkling water, for topping
1. In a pitcher, muddle the blueberries, thyme, and lemon juice, squashing everything to release the juices. Add the jam, bourbon, and elderflower liquor. Stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve. 2. To make the lemon sugar. Combine the lemon zest, sugar, and thyme on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in sugar, then fill with ice.3. Strain into your prepared glasses. Top off with sparkling water, then gently stir to combine. Enjoy 🙂
If You Don't Have Jam: use an additional 2 tablespoons blueberries and add 1-2 tablespoons honey or granulated sugar to sweet to your taste.
If You Don't Have Elderflower: omit it and use additional bourbon or tequila.