Blueberry Lemon Thyme Smash
A simple and quick spring or summer cocktail.
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus a sprig for serving
- juice from half of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons blueberry or blackberry jam
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon or tequila
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liquor (St. Germain)
- sparkling water for topping
1. To make the lemon sugar. Combine the lemon zest, sugar, and thyme on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in sugar, then fill with ice.2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, muddle the blueberries, thyme, and lemon juice, squashing everything to release the juices. Add the jam, bourbon, and elderflower liquor. Fill with ice and shake until combined. 3. Strain into your prepared glass. Top off with sparkling water, then gently stir to combine. Enjoy :)
If You Don't Have Jam: use an additional 2 tablespoons blueberries and add 1-2 tablespoons honey or granulated sugar to sweet to your taste.
If You Don't Have Elderflower: omit it and use additional bourbon or tequila.