Cranberry Bourbon Sour Punch
Putting a festive spin on a classic cocktail!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- zest 1 large orange
- 8 ounces (1 cup) bourbon
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 3-4 dashes orange bitters
- 1 blood orange or regular orange, sliced or regular orange, sliced
1. To make the cranberry syrup: In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the maple syrup, and cranberries to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat. Stir in the orange zest. If you syrup thickens too quickly, just add additional water to thin. Let cool. If desired, strain out the cranberries. 2. In a punch bowl, combine the cranberry syrup, bourbon, lemon juice, cranberry juice, and orange bitters. Stir to combine, chill until ready to serve. Serve over ice. Garnish with an orange slice and candied rosemary (recipe below), if desired.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently run rosemary sprigs under a little water to dampen and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the rosemary with granulated sugar on all sides, making sure the rosemary is thoroughly coated in sugar. Allow to dry on the baking sheet for 1 hour. The rosemary can be made 1 day in advance and stored at room temperature.