Prosciutto Goat Cheese Stuffed Peaches with Thyme Honey.
The perfect, no-cook summer appetizer that everyone will LOVE. Market fresh peaches stuffed with creamy lemon basil goat cheese, wrapped in salty prosciutto, then grilled.
- 6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- flaky salt and black pepper
- 4 ripe but firm peaches, halved + pit removed
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the goat cheese, heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, and a pinch of black pepper until it's light and "whipped".2. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out a 1 teaspoon size ball of peach flesh from each peach. Stuff 1 teaspoon or so of the goat cheese into the hole. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each peach, covering most of the goat cheese. Rub the peaches with olive oil.3. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil. Grill the fruit for 2-3 minutes or until light char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle with honey and top with fresh thyme and flaky salt. Serve warm. ENJOY!*Alternately, you can roast the peaches on a baking sheet in a 425-degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crisp.