Buttery Cherry Berry Skillet Crisp
Sweet summer cherries, mixed berries, and a double measure of buttery crumble on top. This easy fruit crisp is the perfect way to use up every last bit of that sweet summertime fruit!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups sweet cherries, pitted
- 3-4 cups mixed fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.2. Add the butter to a 10-12 inch skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown until it smells toasted and is a deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and add the cherries, berries, cornstarch, brown sugar, and vanilla. Gently toss to combine, it does not need to be perfect.3. To make the topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the butter and use your hands to work the butter into the dry ingredients until everything is moist and clumps together. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit. 4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbling. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!