Peach Thyme Tarts.
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Kaltbach Le Cremeux cheese (gruyere, fontina, or brie cheese)
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 peaches, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- flaky salt and freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.2. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles. Spread each rectangle with about 1 teaspoon fig preserves, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Top with cheese and sprinkle with basil. Arrange the peaches slices over the cheese and basil, pressing them into the cheese to adhere slightly (see above photo). Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.4. Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with black pepper.4. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese melted. Top with fresh honey and thyme. Serve and enjoy!