Spicy Roasted Caprese Burrata Sliders
Slow roasted cherry tomatoes with red Fresno peppers, thyme, and olive oil served over toasted brioche slider buns and topped off with mini fresh balls of burrata cheese. These fun sliders will make a great addition to your summer BBQ's.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 red Fresno peppers, sliced, and seeded if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leave
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 16 ounces mini burrata or buffalo mozzarella balls (see note)
- 8 brioche slider buns or thick cut brioche bread, toasted
- balsamic vinegar, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Toss the tomatoes, garlic, Fresno pepper, and olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet with salt. Transfer to the oven and roast until tomatoes are bursting and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Stir in the basil. 3. To assemble, spoon the tomatoes over the toasted buns. Add a ball of cheese to each bun and season with black pepper. Spoon the oil left in the roasting pan over each ball of burrata. Add a basil leaf and balsamic vinegar. Place the bun on top. Serve and enjoy.
*If you're having a hard time finding mini burrata or buffalo mozzarella balls, buy regular size balls and cut each in half.
*These are best eaten within an hour of assembling or the bottom bun will become soggy.
*The tomatoes can be roasted up to 2 day ahead. Bring to room temp before serving.
Calories: 338kcal | Protein: 96g