Sesame Crusted Curried Salmon Burgers with Lemony Herbs.
Pan seared salmon burgers seasoned with spicy red curry and coated in sesame seeds. Serve these flavorful, healthy, salmon burgers on top of fresh naan smeared with lemon yogurt and finished with an herb topping.
- 1 1/2 pounds raw skinless salmon
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 pinch each kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh herbs, such as cilantro, mint, and parsley, roughly torn
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 4 fresh naan, warmed
- romaine lettuce, for serving
1. Add the salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s finely ground, about 30 seconds. Add the salmon to a bowl and mix with curry paste, ginger, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Form the mix into 4 burger patties.2. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl and coat both sides of the burgers in seeds. Cover the burgers and chill 15-30 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, make the yogurt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. 4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the salmon burgers and cook until the seeds are toasted and golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. Wipe the skillet clean. 5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the butter in the skillet over high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest. Remove the shallots to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the oil in the pan. 6. To make the herb topping. In a small bowl, toss together the herbs, arugula, reserved oil, and the crisp shallots. 7. To assemble, spread each piece of naan with yogurt. Add the lettuce, then the burger, and then the herb topping. Serve and enjoy!