Roasted Lemon Artichoke and Browned Butter Pasta.
Roasted artichokes, fresh herbs, buttery walnuts, and a little bit of burrata cheese too. Ready in just about 30 minutes and uses mostly pantry staple ingredients.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional oil for drizzling
- 2 jars (12 ounce) marinated artichokes drained
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound of your favorite long-cut pasta
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus more for serving (or 2 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, torn (or Ricotta cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.2. Combine the olive oil, artichokes, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a baking dish. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the artichokes are crisp and turning golden.3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta.
4. In the bottom of the same pot used to cook the pasta, melted together butter and walnuts over high heat until the butter is browned and the nuts toasted, 3-5 minutes. Remove the walnuts from the pot. Drop the pasta back into pot. Add the basil and parmesan, tossing to combine. Thin the pasta, as desired, with the reserved pasta cooking water. Stir in the roasted artichokes and any oils left in the baking dish. 5. Divide the pasta among plates and top with freshly torn burrata cheese, a drizzle of oil, the reserved walnuts, and fresh herbs. Enjoy!