Baked Berry and Cream Cheese Croissant French Toast.
Soft, buttery, flaky croissants layered with sweet fruit jam and extra creamy, cream cheese. Then baked in an eggy french toast "batter". Super pretty when topped with fresh berries.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 cups roughly torn, day old croissants (about 12-16 croissants)
- 1 jar (10 ounce) high quality fruit preserves, such as blueberry, strawberry, or blackberry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 tablespoons cold salted butter, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar and maple syrup, for serving
1. Grease a 9x13 inch-baking dish with butter.2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Add the torn croissants and gently toss with egg mixture. Arrange half the croissants in the prepared baking dish. Dollop the jam and cream cheese over the croissants. Add the remaining croissants overtop. It's OK if not all of the jam and cream cheese are fully covered. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the croissants. 3. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to overnight. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. 4. Lay the thinly sliced butter over the croissants. Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the French toast is golden and crisp. If the tops of the croissants begin to brown too quickly, loosely cover the french toast with foil.5. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in 1 tablespoon powdered sugar or maple syrup, if desired. 6. Serve the french toast warm, topped with whipped cream, fresh berries, and maple syrup. Enjoy!