Slow Cooker Chipotle Orange Street Tacos.
Shredded chicken (or pork) in a sweet and spicy chipotle orange sauce, all made in the slow cooker or instant pot. Done up right with lime smashed avocado, cheese, and spicy pineapple slaw!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or pork shoulder
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-4 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 cup Florida's Natural® Brand Orange Juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn or flour tortillas, queso fresco, and mashed avocado, for serving
1. In the bowl of your slow cooker, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, chipotle peppers, and orange juice. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours. Once the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks and stir in the lime juice and cilantro. 2. To make the slaw, in a bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.3. Stuff the chicken into the warmed taco shells and top with slaw, cheese, and mashed avocado. Enjoy!
1. In the bowl of your instant pot, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, chipotle peppers, and orange juice. Cover and cook on high pressure/manual for 10 minutes. Once done cooking, use the natural or quick release function and release the steam. Shred with two forks and stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.