Winter Citrus Tequila Smash
A delicious mix of pretty blood oranges, sweet pomegranate juice, spicy ginger, fresh mint, a touch of warming honey, a splash of tequila, and of course, some sparkles too. It’s so simple, refreshing, wintry, and packed full of ingredients to help ward off the worst of winter's colds.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 blood orange, peel removed and quartered (or a mix of your favorite oranges)
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (if needed to sweeten)
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- sparkling water, for topping
1. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, combine the orange zest, blood orange, lime juice, pomegranate juice, ginger, mint, and honey (if using). Muddle all of the ingredients together, squashing everything to release the juices from the fruit. 2. Add the tequila. Fill with ice and shake until combined. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with sparkling water. Serve with fresh mint. Drink!