Ginger Peanut Chicken Noodle Soup
Gingery chicken broth, mixed with shredded chicken, veggies, fresh egg noodles, and topped with salty roasted peanuts. This soup is warming, cozy, and just a little bit spicy. Great for cold winter nights when you need a healthy meal that's easy to prepare and delicious too.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 bone in, skin on, chicken breast
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 baby bok choy or baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- jalapeños, green onions, and lime, for serving
1. Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken sear on both sides, about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low, add the ginger, shallot, and garlic. Cook another 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and honey. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through,2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Drain. 3. Remove the chicken breast from the soup. Shred the chicken and discard the bone and skin. Stir the shredded chicken and greens into the soup, cooking another five minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. 4. Divide the noodles among bowls and pour the soup overtop. Top each bowl with peanuts, jalapeños, green onions, and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!