Ginger Sesame Chicken Potstickers with Sweet Chili Pomegranate Sauce
Easy homemade potstickers with chicken, ginger and sesame crusted wrappers, served alongside a sweet and spicy chili pomegranate sauce. A fun and healthy dinner to make any night of the week, or serve them up as an appetizer at your next holiday party!
- 1 pound raw ground chicken, turkey, or pork
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, plus more for cooking
- black pepper
- 40 round wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
1. In a medium bowl, combine the raw ground chicken, kale, carrots, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a pinch of black pepper, to taste. 2. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Brush water around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half moon shape, pinching the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers. 3. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Brush the bottoms of the potstickers with water and then dredge them in the sesame seeds.4. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the potstickers and cook until the bottoms are light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully pour 1/4 cup of water into the skillet, it will splatter, so stand back. Immediately cover with a tight-fitting lid. Turn heat to medium-low and let the dumplings steam for 5-6 minutes, until the filling is cooked through inside. Serve right away with sauce (see below). 5. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve alongside the potstickers.