Herb Butter Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Oven baked sweet potatoes fries tossed in a garlic and herb butter. These fries are perfectly crisp and beyond addicting...SO GOOD! And the real bonus here? They're pretty healthy too.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1-2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
1, Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil, thyme, sage, chili powder, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Spread the fries in an even layer. Do not overcrowd the pan, if needed, divide the fries between 2 baking sheets Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more. You want the sweet potatoes to be tender, yet crisp. 3. Meanwhile, mix together the melted butter, garlic, parmesan, and basil (or parsley). Remove the fries from the oven and gently toss with the butter. Serve while hot. Enjoy!