Skillet Lemon Pepper Chicken and Garden Veggies
Skillet lemon pepper chicken with all the garden veggies! Herb and pepper seasoned chicken with blistered veggies, all cooked together in a skillet with a white wine pan sauce. A delicious skillet chicken dinner that's ready in thirty minutes or less!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 zucchini or yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup white wine, Such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
1. Toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, paprika, onion powder, cayenne, parsley, basil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Add the peppers and zucchini and cook another 5 minutes. Next add the tomatoes, shake the pan and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. 4. Serve the chicken topped with feta. Drizzle any remaining pan sauce overtop, and top with basil. EAT!
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3290IU | Vitamin C: 115.1mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2.2mg