Grilled Chili Lime Honey Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Salsa
This grilled honey chicken and sweet potatoes is a mix of sweet and spicy. It's super quick, easy, and SO DELICIOUS. The perfect recipe for warm days, when turning on the oven is just not something you want to do.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into bite sized chunks
- steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro and or basil, chopped
1. In a gallon size zip top bag, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, red pepper flakes, cilantro, oregano, and a large pinch of salt. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge. 2. In bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. 3. Set your grill, grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Take your skewers and thread chicken pieces and bell peppers together, alternating one after another. 4. Brush the peppers and chicken on the skewers lightly with olive oil. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. At the same time, grill the sweet potatoes on tin foil on the grill, turning them halfway through cooking, until tender and lightly charred on each side, about 10-12 minutes.
5. To make the salsa, combine the avocado, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. 6. Serve the skewers and sweet potatoes over rice, and top with avocado salsa and fresh herbs.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 1083mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 11555IU | Vitamin C: 98.5mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2.4mg