Thai Basil Steak Salad Sandwich.
This Basil Steak Sandwich is a terrific variation on the classic, full of delicious Thai flavors, including basil and mango, sandwiched between a soft, crusty bread!
Servings: 6 servings
Mango Basil Salad
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, sliced or chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Add the steak to a ziplock bag, then add the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili paste. Seal the bag and marinate 30 minutes or in the fridge as long as overnight. 2. Meanwhile, in a medium to large bowl, combine the sesame oil, lime juice, fish sauce, green onions, basil, cilantro, mangos, carrots, cucumbers, and jalapeños. Toss to combine. 3. Preheat your grill or grill pan to high.4. Remove the steak from its marinade and sear the steak for 5-8 minutes, flip and sear another 5 minutes or until your desired doneness is reached. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain.5. Spread the toasted baguette with tahini. Top with sliced steak and salad. Sprinkle with peanuts. Enjoy!
Calories: 700kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 3995IU | Vitamin C: 28.6mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 5.1mg