Cacio e Pepe with Arugula and Lemon
Made from pantry staple ingredients, takes 15-20 mins to make, and is really delicious. Meaning this dish perfect for those nights when there's nothing in your fridge, or all you feel like doing is eating pasta + binge watching Netflix, or a surprise guest shows!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated pecorino cheese
- couple handfuls baby arugula
- fresh basil and lemon zest, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain. 2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper and cook 30 second to 1 minute, until toasted.3. Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the pasta and remaining butter. Reduce the heat to low and add the parmesan and pecorino, tossing until melted. Remove from the heat, add the arugula, toss until the greens are wilted and the sauce coats the pasta, adding in more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with fresh basil and lemon zest. Enjoy!
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 1.2mg