Roasted Greek Chicken and Farro Salad with Fries.
Packed with whole grains, roasted chicken, veggies, homemade tzatziki, feta cheese, and finished with a simple red wine vinaigrette, there is nothing boring about it!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1-2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups cooked farro, or other ancient grain
- 1 head butter lettuce, roughly torn
- 8 ounces feta, cubed
- tzatziki (or yogurt), olives, cucumber, red onion, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, dill, oregano, paprika, garlic and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken. Add the potatoes, and bell peppers, and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Arrange everything in an even layer. Roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes golden. Let the chicken cool slightly and then shred into chunks.3. To assemble: smear a little tzatziki into the bottom of 4 salad bowls. Add the farro, lettuce, bell peppers, potatoes, and chicken. Sprinkle the feta and top as desired with olives, cucumber, and red onion. Drizzle with the red wine vinaigrette (recipe follows).
Calories: 782kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 1179mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2865IU | Vitamin C: 54.7mg | Calcium: 395mg | Iron: 5.4mg