Immune Boosting Winter Citrus Smoothie
This smoothie is jam pack with vitamin C and plenty of nutrients like fiber and antioxidants. Keeps your immune system strong, and energized all day long!
Servings: 2 smoothies
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 small raw red beet, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cara cara orange, blood orange, or grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- honey to taste (optional)
1. In a blender, combine the mango, lemon juice, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, and orange juice. Blend until completely smooth, adding more honey if needed to sweeten. Pour into a tall glass2. Rinse the blender out. Combine the beets, raspberries, orange, and pomegranate juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more pomegranate juice if needed to reach your desired consistency. Pour over the mango mixture and stir gently to swirl. Top with seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 1295IU | Vitamin C: 145.1mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.1mg