Gingerbread Snowglobe Place Setting
These snowglobes are not only cute, but they're easy to make and use supplies found in your kitchen!
Servings: 9 snowglobes
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 6-8 tablespoons water
- assorted sprinkles for decorating
- fresh rosemary and cranberries
- 9 stemless wine glasses
1. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and egg, beat until combined. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until no streaks are showing in the dough.3. Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 9 circles. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet. 4. Using the remaining dough, cut out shapes with small cookie cutters (use cutters that will fit inside your glass), cutting them as close to one another as possible to minimize waste. Transfer the cookies to the prepared cookie sheets. Cover the baking sheets and place them in the freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes.5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the shaped cookies for 8-12 minutes or until just set. Cool on a cookie sheet. Now, bake the circle cookies for 8-12 minutes or until just set. Remove from the oven and immediately indent each warm cookie with the bottom of a shaped cookie (i.e gently push the bottom of a Christmas tree cookie into the center of the circle cookie). You'll want to do this while the circle cookies are still warm. Let both sets of cookies cool. 6. To make the icing. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and 6 tablespoons water to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until the icing is glossy. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until your desired consistency is reached.7. Frost and decorate the shaped cookies as desired and let sit 10 minutes or so to dry. Frost each circle cookie with a thin layer of icing, spreading the icing over the indent you previously made. Now take a cookie shape and insert it into the frosted indent. Hold the cookie in place for 30 seconds to secure. Let dry and then decorate as desired. 8. To make the snowglobes, place the assembled cookies on a plate and carefully place a stemless wine glass overtop of the cookie.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 229mg | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2.1mg