Cheesy Hasselback Potato Au Gratin
Easy to prepare in advance and made all in one dish. Simply roast the potatoes, add the cream, let the dish cool, then place in the fridge until ready to finish cooking. Easy and delicious!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 pounds baby potatoes, I like using a medium size
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup grated manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 2. Carefully slice the potatoes into thin slices, leaving a 1/8 inch at the bottom, be careful not to slice all the way through the potato. Place In a 9x13 inch baking dish and gently toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. 3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, garlic, cheese, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. 3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and pour the cream over them, arrange the potatoes in a mostly even layer. Place the slices of butter around the potatoes. Return to the oven and roast for another 20-25 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the potatoes are tender. Season with flaky salt just before serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 1030mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1495IU | Vitamin C: 47.4mg | Calcium: 297mg | Iron: 2mg