Lemon and Oregano Grilled Chicken
This lemon chicken recipe will bring a zing to meal time!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pounds) whole chicken or chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and pepper
- fresh basil for, serving
1. If using a whole chicken, remove the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Place the chicken on a cutting board, breast side down, so that the chicken's back is facing up. Using a pair of sharp kitchen scissors, cut closely along either side of the backbone. Remove the bone and discard. Turn the chicken over so the breast is now facing up and press down firmly on the breast and flatten the chicken. Place the chicken in a resealable bag. 3. In small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest + juice, oregano, thyme, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour the marinade over chicken, rubbing the marinade all over the chickens skin. Seal the bag and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or preferably over night. 4. Preheat an outdoor grill or large grill pan to medium high. 5. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Grill, breast side down, covered for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken has a nice char, flip and grill another 10-15 minutes. Flip once more and grill until cooked through and the chicken registers 160 degrees F on a thermometer. Let rest 10 minutes. 6. Serve the chicken with fresh melon, basil and oregano. Enjoy!
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 23.4mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 3.7mg